Stephanos G. - Sept 20 2022
How to Cook: Tomahawk steak
HOW TO COOK A TOMAHAWK STEAK!
1. Allow steaks to come up in temp. Remove the steak from the fridge 2 hours before you plan to cook it to allow it to come to room temperature.
2. Preheat your smoker. Preheat your smoker to 225 degrees F. I love the way smoking with oak enhances the rich flavors in this steak.
3. Season the steak! Season liberally on all sides with Beef Seasoning or salt and pepper. Press or pat the seasoning into the meat.
4. Get smoking! Place the tomahawk steak directly on the grill grates and close the lid. Using a reliable meat thermometer, smoke until the internal temp of the steak reaches 115 degrees F.
5. Prep for the sear. Preheat a cast iron skillet over high heat (or turn your grill on High). Drop butter into the skillet and allow it to melt and bubble. (If searing on your grill, brush each side of the tomahawk steak with butter).
6. Sear the tomahawk steak. Place the steak directly in the hot pan or on the hot grill and sear each side for 2-3 minutes until the internal temperature of the steak reaches your preferred doneness (Medium rare is to die for with this tomahawk steak).
7. Rest, slice, and enjoy! Let the steaks rest for 10-15 minutes. Then slice, serve, and enjoy! This guy is gonna taste Mmmmm good!