Stephanos G. - Dec 14 2023
HOW TO COOK: USDA RIBEYE ROAST
HOW TO COOK:
USDA RIBEYE ROAST
As the holiday season twinkles at The Ribeye Club, we're excited to share a recipe that's perfect for your festive table. The USDA Ribeye Roast, a jewel in the crown of gourmet meats, is our pick for a splendid Christmas feast. Famed for its succulent marbling and sumptuous flavor, the USDA Ribeye Roast is a festive favorite that promises to add a touch of elegance to your holiday meals. Let's embark on a culinary journey with our Whole Rib Eye USDA Choice (2.7kgs), transforming it into a magnificent, flavor-packed Christmas centerpiece.
1 Whole Rib Eye USDA Choice (Approximately 2.7kgs)
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon dried rosemary
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1. Prepare the Ribeye Roast:
Let the ribeye roast sit at room temperature for about an hour, ensuring an even and tender cook.
2. Preheat the Oven: Warm your oven to a cozy 190°C (375°F), ready to welcome the star of your Christmas feast.
3. Season with Festivity: Mix olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, rosemary, and thyme. Rub this festive blend all over the ribeye roast, infusing it with flavors of the season.
4. Time to Roast: Place the seasoned ribeye in a roasting pan. Roast it for approximately 90 minutes, aiming for an internal temperature of 52°C (125°F) for a perfect medium-rare.
5. Rest and Infuse: After roasting, let the meat rest under a foil blanket for 20 minutes, allowing the flavors to mingle and deepen.
6. Carve and Celebrate: Slice the roast against the grain and serve it as the centerpiece of your Christmas dinner.
Note: The internal temperature of a USDA Ribeye Roast will increase by approximately 4°C (5 – 7°F) during resting. Hence, it's crucial to remove it from the oven slightly before it reaches your desired level of doneness.
|Target Temp after rest
|Medium rare (recommended)
|50°C / 122°F
|54°C / 129°F
|57°C / 135°F
|Medium well done
Target Temperature After Resting – This indicates the internal temperature your Ribeye Roast should achieve for each level of doneness, after it has rested.
Pull Temperature – This is the internal temperature at which you should take the Ribeye Roast out of the oven. It's intentionally set lower than the Target Temperature to accommodate the rise in temperature as the meat rests. If you remove the roast from the oven at the Target Temperature, it will continue cooking while resting, leading to a level of doneness that exceeds your preference.
This Christmas, let the USDA Ribeye Roast from The Ribeye Club be the heart of your celebration. Infused with traditional herbs and spices, it's not just a meal but a festive symphony on a plate. Complement this luxurious dish with your favorite holiday sides, a glass of robust red wine, and the warmth of loved ones around you. Here's to a holiday season filled with joy, flavor, and unforgettable meals from The Ribeye Club!